Monday, April 23, 2012

Tip Today: Homemade Body Wash!!

So I've been actively trying to fit some different things into my schedule...more than laundry, kid and work.  :)  I recently jumped on the Pinterest wagon, and I. Love. It.  I am not creative enough to come up with much on my own, so what a great place to find ideas!


Here's something I did yesterday that I found on Pinterest.  We use body wash in this house; lots of it.  At nearly 7 bucks a pop, it can get expensive!  So when I came across the pin on how to make your own body wash - and saw how easy it was - I said "Whaaaaaat? I MUST try!"


All you need is 3 Dove bath bars, 6 cups of water, a grater or food processor, a stock pot and a little time.


Grate the bars of soap.  I started to use my grater...said to myself "oh my GAWD, forget this.  This will take WAY too long!"  (Have I mentioned that I am EXTREMELY impatient?)  So out of the cupboard came my food processor and I had 3 bars of grated Dove soap in a matter of a minute or two.
What the girl was doing during the body-wash makin'.




Place the soap and 6 cups of water into the stock pot and turn to medium heat.  Allow to heat until all of the soap is dissolved.  Once it is dissolved, allow to cool for several hours.  It will thicken as it cools.  By the following morning, the soap/water mixture was perfect consistency!


My kitchen smelled awesome!




I put mine in a conditioner bottle with a pump top and the rest in a jar to be used later.  I got about 3 times the body wash I normally get for the same price.  Score!
An old conditioner bottle and an old pickle jar.  I can improvise.  :)




**It doesn't get as lathering bubbly as most washes, so that is something to get used to.  But it DOES make you feel clean and fresh as a body wash should.


 One Good Thing by Jillee from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment