Friday, October 17, 2014

A Lot Can Change in 2 1/2 Years, Huh?

I always have good intentions when I start something like this.  And then I get three posts in and stop!!  Last time I wrote, I was the mom to a 1 1/2-year-old toddler who was just walking and barely saying a few words! And she was bald as a cue ball. We were renting our home and barely rubbing two pennies together.

As I pick this back up, my little girl is is going to be 4 in a month and a half, she's got hair down to the middle of her back, she'll talk your ear off 24 hours a day if I let her, and not only is she walking, she's running, jumping and dancing in her dance class every Monday and tearing it up at Preschool.  She's smart, funny, beautiful and talented - all rolled into one.  Extremely proud mama, here.

While we may have those two pennies to rub together now...it's not much more than two.  Haha.  But we do now own our own home.  We moved a half an hour away from where we were, added to our commutes, a lot of work needs to be done to our house - but it's ours, we love it.  It's home.  I'm so happy. Finally...that temporary-ness (is that a word? lol) is over.  Moving from place to place - over. Permanence.  It feels so good.

I have a host of things I want to improve in our lives...hoping to lay it out here for some accountability, honestly.

First, we REALLY need to save money.  We have hopes of starting our own business here soon.  It's an expediting business, so all it is to begin with is a down payment on a vehicle.  But it can't take everything we have to do it, you feel me? :)  But I tell ya, this summer right after we bought our house?  I spent money like we were rich or something.  No idea what happened, but I went through a phase of ridiculous money spending and haven't saved a dime all summer.

Steps to doing this?  Budge, budget, budget.  I need to put together a budget and actually stick to it.  I have a real problem doing this.  I NEVER have been able to stick to a budget!!

Next improvement? Well, let's put it this way.  I can't blame this 70 extra pounds I'm carrying around on my kid anymore! haha!  I keep trying to get back on a plan to do this successfully and I keep failing, giving up.  I mean, I know how to do it.  I've previously lost 100lbs before! It's just getting back to it. Ugh.

I want to get back to having hobbies, interests, friends etc. I've been so wrapped up in myself that I've let so much go.  Time to get back to me!!

So here I am, I'm back.  I want to do this.  Post whatever, whenever.  Post one word.  Just do it.  I'm gonna start here! Hi all!!

If you're still reading this after that long rambling of the mind, thank you.  And please leave me a note to say Hi!! :)

Oh, and here's me and the girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment